At Results for Development, we have a unique and vibrant culture, and we want to keep it that way. Not just because we enjoy working here (although that’s important to us), but because it helps advance our mission. This is how we work together:
It’s more than a job.
- We’re fueled and inspired by the R4D mission.
- We take pride in doing high-quality work.
- We work hard, but we also like to have fun.
- We enjoy our work and each other.
Creativity + Tenacity = Results
- We give people the space to take risks and the flexibility to work according to their own styles and preferences.
- We are proactive problem solvers.
- We value creative, mold-breaking ideas.
- When something isn’t working, we adapt — quickly.
- We avoid unnecessary red tape and bureaucracy.
Openness starts with listening.
- We strive to create an environment where everyone feels welcome, seen and heard.
- We know diversity — of ideas, strengths, interests and backgrounds — is vital to who we are and what we do.
- We know good ideas can come from anywhere and anyone.
- We’re able to admit when we’re wrong — we see it as opportunity to get better at what we do.
- We share openly and value transparency.
R4D is a community.
- We are kind and supportive.
- We’re cooperative — not competitive — and we celebrate each other’s successes.
- We speak our minds, and we let others speak theirs.
- We see each other as whole people, and value balance in our lives.
- We extend these values to our partners around the world.
In addition to the principles stated above, R4D is committed to fostering, cultivating and preserving a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion. We are actively working to uphold anti-racist values and practices — within our organization, within our programs and within the field of global development. Find out more.