Results for Development (R4D) is pleased to invite you to the Governance Action Hub’s launch event on Wednesday, October 11th from 9:00 am to 12:00 pm ET in-person at the Open Gov Hub in Washington D.C. We will also offer a virtual option to connect.
The event formally kicks off the work of the Governance Action Hub, an initiative to explore the frontier of what is possible in governance reforms by building the conditions for more effective collective action.
Welcome remarks on what the Governance Action Hub represents for their respective organizations will be provided by:
- Gina Lagomarsino (CEO, Results for Development)
- Claire Harbron (Chief Investment Officer, BHP Foundation)
Then the discussion will kick off with R4D Senior Fellow Dani Kaufmann engaging in a conversation on the topics of state capture, climate change, and our shared responsibility in the Governance space. Following this, a panel will convene to discuss how to build the conditions for local coalitions to lead change:
- Miguel Cervantes (Executive Director, CCPM- Peru)
- Amanda Folsom (Senior Director for Collaborative Learning, Results for Development)
- Michael Jarvis (Executive Director, Transparency and Accountability Initiative)
- Jean Scrimgeour (Co-CEO, Accountability Lab)
- Moderated by Katherine Bain (Senior Fellow, Results for Development)
For those attending in person, the venue is the Open Gov Hub at 1100 13th St NW STE 800, Washington, DC 20005. We will offer a welcome breakfast, as well as a networking time and space at the end of the event. For those connecting via Zoom, we will start promptly at 9:25 am EDT.