In 2015, R4D and the Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health co-hosted an event series exploring the process of countries transitioning away from external assistance for health and development. The series included the following seminars:
- The Gavi Experience with Country Graduation: Overcoming Challenges to Sustainable
- Transitioning Countries away from Family Planning Assistance: USAID’s Experience in Latin America
- Transitioning from Donor Support to Government: The Avahan Experience in India
- Polio Eradication: Status, Transition and Legacy
- From Emergency Response to Post-Recovery: Lessons & Reflections from Ebola
In 2016, we teamed up again with the Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health to convened representatives of governments and major global health funders for a workshop on strategic issues in global health program transitions.